If you’re going to do it, do it right in a limited edition Original Ale Trail T!
What’s better than a pub crawl in one town? A pub crawl in 3 towns! The Original Ale Trail takes in Dewsbury, Huddersfield, and Stalybridge by train but before you start thinking of stag dos and rowdy p*** ups, this is something very different. The Original Ale Trail, (as seen on Oz and James Drink to Britain back in the late 2000s) is all about savouring excellent quality real ale in traditional railway pubs, back as it was originally intended. You can see more details about the Trail in our previous post.
Choose your route
The three railway pubs in question are The West Riding Refreshment Rooms at Dewsbury Station, The King’s Head at Huddersfield Station, and Stalybridge Buffet Bar at Stalybridge Station. You can do it in any order you like but we find a good strategy is to finish up at the station closest to home.
It’s also sensible to start the day with some good food, and we can certainly recommend The West Riding for an Ale Day Breakfast, or something equally substantial from the menu (booking is recommended for parties of 6 or more).
Get into the spirit with an Original Ale Trail T shirt
We know real ale lovers love a beer, pub, or brewery T shirt and our Ale Trail T shirts are pretty special. Just £12.50 each, you can buy one at the start to wear for the duration or complete the Trail and take part in our promotion to get one for just £5 at the end, to be worn on future trails or just to impress your beer-loving friends and family.
How to get a Trail T shirt for £5
Claiming one of our limited-edition T shirts for just £5, a saving of £7.50, is easy. Just follow these 3 steps:
- Complete the Original Ale Trail, calling in at The West Riding, The King’s Head, and Stalybridge Buffet Bar, in any order you like.
- Check-in on Facebook at each pub, including a photo of your chosen pint and using the hashtag #originalaletrail
- Claim your £5 T shirt* at the bar at either The West Riding or Stalybridge Buffet Bar when you have completed all 3 by showing your ‘check-ins’ on your phone.
We’d also love to see photos of you in your T shirts on our socials, so feel free to add these at the end to show your dedication to the Trail!
A perfect afternoon for ale lovers and traditional pub connoisseurs
As long as the trains are running, we are here for Ale Trailers. We promise excellent beer selections (perfect for beer tickers) and traditional, historic railway pubs. Plus, because you’re hopping straight from pub to train to pub, it doesn’t really matter what the weather’s doing either.
We look forward to welcoming you!
- Check-ins must all be completed on the same day.
- Limited to 1 T shirt at the promotional rate per person completing check-ins.
- Offer available until 29/02/24, while stocks last.